Elton John taps Lola Young to headline annual Oscar viewing party

Elton John taps Lola Young to headline annual Oscar viewing party
Elton John performs at the 2025 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, November 8, 2025 (Disney/Frank Micelotta)

Elton John has tapped newly minted Grammy winner Lola Young as the entertainment for his annual Oscar viewing party, which benefits his AIDS Foundation.

The 34th annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party will take place March 15 in West Hollywood, California. The event will be co-hosted by Elton and his husband, David Furnish, and Neil Patrick Harris and his husband, David Burtka. Among those serving on the committee for the event are Sharon Stone, Patricia Arquette, Brandi Carlile, Keke Palmer, Eric McCormack, Tiffany Haddish, Jason Ritter and Melanie Lynskey.

“Over the years, this stage has welcomed extraordinary young artists I have championed … big voices that have gone on to shape culture and move the world,” Elton said in a statement. “This year, we’re thrilled to continue that tradition with Lola Young, a truly remarkable talent. It’s such an exciting time for new British artists, and Lola’s sheer brilliance has put her right at the forefront globally.”

Last year, Elton told Lola that he’d “bet his house” that her song “d£aler” would be a #1 hit. When it failed to top the chart, Lola posted an Instagram video showing Elton jokingly turning over the keys to his house to her. “Can we stay [over] the odd night?” he asked her. “No, sorry,” Lola responded. “It’s mine now.”

“It’s been incredible getting to know Elton and David, and I’m grateful for the support they’ve shown my music,” Lola said in a statement. “I’m proud to be part of a night that helps make a meaningful impact.”

On Sunday, Lola won the Grammy for best pop solo performance for her hit “Messy.”

Over the years, Elton’s party has raised nearly $124 million for the cause.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Three Dog Night founding member Chuck Negron dead at 83

Three Dog Night founding member Chuck Negron dead at 83
Musician Chuck Negron, former singer of the classic rock band Three Dog Night, performs onstage during the Happy Together tour at Saban Theatre on July 14, 2018 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Scott Dudelson/Getty Images)

Chuck Negron, founding member of Three Dog Night, has died at the age of 83. According to Negron’s representative, he passed away Monday at home in Studio City, California, “surrounded by his loving family.”

No cause of death was revealed, although the statement from his rep noted he battled chronic COPD for three decades and heart failure in his final months.

Negron, along with Danny Hutton and the late Cory Wells, formed Three Dog Night in 1967, with Michael Allsup, Jimmy Greenspoon, Joe Schermie and Floyd Sneed later joining the band. They went on to become one of the most successful bands of the ’60s and ’70s, landing 21 Billboard top-40 hits between 1969 and 1975.

Negron sang lead vocals on many of their iconic songs, including the #1 hit “Joy To the World (Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog),” and the top-five hits “One (Is the Loneliest Number)” and “Old Fashioned Love Song.”

After a decadeslong battle with drug abuse, Negron got clean in 1991 and launched a solo career, releasing seven albums, the last of which was 2017’s Negron Generations. He recounted his life story, as well as his battle with addiction, in the memoir Three Dog Nightmare, released in 1999.

Hutton and Allsup are the last two surviving original members of Three Dog Night. While Negron and Hutton had been estranged since Negron’s final departure from the band in the ’80s, they reunited last year.

“When Chuck left the band 40 years ago, we rarely spoke and lost touch for much of that time. Five months ago, his wife Ami called to tell me he was very sick, and I decided I should go see him,” Hutton wrote in a post on Three Dog Night’s Facebook page. “When I arrived at his house, we hugged, cried, reminisced, and shared many stories. In that moment, we realized how much time had been lost by not being in each other’s lives. It was a beautiful and deeply meaningful reunion.”

Paying tribute to Negron, he noted, “Besides being a phenomenal singer, Chuck was a good college basketball player and had a great sense of humor. I will always be grateful for the music we made together.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

On This Day, Feb. 3, 1973: Elton John scored his first US #1 with ‘Crocodile Rock’

On This Day, Feb. 3, 1973: Elton John scored his first US #1 with ‘Crocodile Rock’

On This Day, Feb. 3, 1973…

Elton John landed his first #1 single with “Crocodile Rock,” from his sixth studio album, Don’t Shoot Me I’m Only The Piano Player.

The song went on to spend three weeks in the top spot and earned a Platinum certification by the RIAA.

The song also topped the chart in Canada and Switzerland, and hit #5 in the U.K.

Elton went on to have nine #1 hits in the U.S. over the course of his career. His last #1 was “Candle In The Wind 1997,” a reimagined version of his 1987 single, which was released following the death of Princess Diana. The song was paired with the track “Something About The Way You Look Tonight.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Joe Elliott says Def Leppard is ready to launch new ‘next level’ Vegas residency

Joe Elliott says Def Leppard is ready to launch new ‘next level’ Vegas residency
Photo of Def Leppard (Photo by Ross Halfin)

Def Leppard launches Def Leppard: Live at Caesars Palace The Las Vegas Residency at The Colosseum on Tuesday and fans can expect quite a show. This will be the band’s third residency in Vegas, and frontman Joe Elliott tells ABC Audio “they keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger.”

He says the beauty of Las Vegas is that it allows you to go big and “it just enthuses you to put on a show,” noting their latest residency is gonna be “next level.”

So what are they doing to make it bigger than ever?

“The production is massive. It’s the best we’ve ever had by a country mile,” Elliott says. “Visually it’s insanely different to anything we’ve ever done.”

And that includes the set list, with Elliott saying they’re planning to go “a lot deeper” in their catalog.

“We’re pulling out stuff we haven’t played in decades. Stuff we’ve never played before,” he says. Of course, they’ll still play hits like “Pour Some Sugar On Me,” but Elliott says if fans only know that song “they’re in for a shock.”

They also plan to play their recently released single “Rejoice.” Says Elliott, “It’s the reason we released it, so that we could play it.”

And with Def Leppard booked at the venue through Feb. 28, bassist Rick Savage says there will be plenty of time for them to enjoy what Vegas has to offer.

“Once you get settled in, and you’ve played two or three shows, you kinda, you become a little bit more of a tourist rather than concentrating on your proper job,” he says. “But it’s such a great town, even just to walk around, you know, whether it’s during the day or at night, all the lights and the buzz and the people.” 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Gov’t Mule expands spring tour with new dates

Gov’t Mule expands spring tour with new dates
Warren Haynes of Gov’t Mule performs at the Forum River Center on October 22, 2025, in Rome, Georgia. (Photo by R. Diamond/Getty Images)

Gov’t Mule has announced some new spring tour dates.

The band, led by Warren Haynes, has announced 11 new shows, featuring Larkin Poe and Maggie Rose on select dates.

The new dates begin April 14 in Kansas City, Missouri, and wrap April 28 in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The shows extend the band’s already announced tour, which begins March 27 in Denver.

An artist presale for tickets to the newly added shows begins Wednesday at 12 p.m. ET, followed by local presales starting Thursday at 12 p.m. ET. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday at 12 p.m. ET.

A complete list of dates can be found at Mule.net.

Ahead of the Gov’t Mule run, Haynes will headline a new solo tour that runs from Feb. 12 in Grass Valley, California, to Feb. 26 in Pelham, Tennessee. He’ll then go on tour with the Warren Haynes Band, starting Feb. 27 in Live Oak, Florida. A full schedule can be found at WarenHaynes.net.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Queen’s Roger Taylor calls out ‘men of no morality’ in new song ‘Chumps’: ‘Gotta say something’

Queen’s Roger Taylor calls out ‘men of no morality’ in new song ‘Chumps’: ‘Gotta say something’
Roger Taylor of Queen + Adam Lambert performs at Little Caesars Arena on October 10, 2023 in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo by Scott Legato/Getty Images)

Queen’s Roger Taylor has something to get off his chest. The Rock & Roll Hall of Famer just dropped a new song, “Chumps,” letting fans know in the description why he did it: “Gotta say something.”

Although he offered no further info on the song, including who he may be singing about, the lyrics have him singing of “a man of no morality, of no real quality, a shallow man.”

The lyrics also call out “a man devoid of empathy, no trace of sympathy, of endless vanity,” and one with “no humanity” and “no trace of sanity.”

“We’re drowning in your self regard. We’re drowning in your lies. We drown in your pomposity, in your atrocities. We drown,” he sings. The song ends with, “You men of no morality. Your popularity, an endless mystery.”

The song drop comes just a week after Taylor posted a poem titled “Gangsters Are Running This World” on Instagram.

“Gangsters are running this world. You can shout but never be heard,” read the last lines of the poem. “Gangsters are running this world. All the while. Gangsters are running this world.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

KISS’ ‘I Was Made for Lovin’ You’ hits 1 billion views on YouTube

KISS’ ‘I Was Made for Lovin’ You’ hits 1 billion views on YouTube
Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of KISS perform during KISS: End of the Road World Tour at Madison Square Garden on December 01, 2023 in New York City. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images)

KISS fans apparently can’t get enough of their classic tune “I Was Made for Lovin’ You.” The video for the track has reached over 1 billion views on YouTube.

The band announced the milestone on social media, writing, “The numbers speak for themselves. This one still dominates. IWMFLY baby!!”

“I Was Made for Lovin’ You” was Paul Stanley’s first collaboration with songwriter Desmond Child and was featured on the band’s 1979 album, Dynasty. The tune, which was criticized by some for its disco influences, became KISS’ second Gold single and has been a staple at KISS’ live shows throughout their career.

In July 2024 the song reached another career milestone, hitting 1 billion streams on Spotify, to become the first KISS song to join Spotify’s Billions club.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Pretenders frontwoman Chrissie Hynde missing life on tour

Pretenders frontwoman Chrissie Hynde missing life on tour
Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders performs at The London Palladium on October 22, 2024 in London, England. (Photo by Robin Little/Redferns for ABA)

Pretenders played their last show in London in July, and it appears frontwoman Chrissie Hynde is missing life on the road.

The singer gave fans an update on what’s been happening with her via social media, writing that she’s finding not being on tour “quite challenging.”

“I understand completely why people follow bands around on tour,” she says. “If I wasn’t in a band, it’s probably exactly what I’d been doing myself. Because nothing beats moving and seeing new places. I just love it and I miss it.”

But, she notes, “you’ve gotta come off the road once in a while so you can remember how to live. Slow down a bit. Recharge the batteries.”

As for when her hiatus from the road may end, she offers, “we have no plans for touring at the moment, but you’ll be the 1st to know when we do.” 

“I’m wondering who Pretenders fans are following in our absence?” she adds. “Well, don’t get too cozy because we miss you.”

While Hynde has been off the road since the summer, she did release new music in the fall. She dropped the new solo album Duets Special in October, featuring collaborations with artists like Blondie’s Debbie Harry, The Killers Brandon FlowersGarbage’s Shirley Manson, Julian Lennon and more.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Green Day’s ‘Wake Me Up When September Ends’ hits 1 billion streams on Spotify

Green Day’s ‘Wake Me Up When September Ends’ hits 1 billion streams on Spotify
Green Day on ‘Good Morning America.’ (ABC/Paula Lobo)

The innocent can never last, but Green Day has notched another entry on Spotify’s Billions Club playlist.

“Wake Me Up When September Ends” is the latest track from Billie Joe Armstrong and company to reach the billion streams milestone, following “Basket Case,” “American Idiot” and “Boulevard of Broken Dreams.”

“Still waking the world up,” Green Day remarks of the accomplishment.

“Wake Me Up When September Ends” is a single off Green Day’s 2004 album, American Idiot. The song often trends around the beginning and end of September as memes will tell you that it’s time to wake up Green Day.

We may hear one of perhaps several of Green Day’s billion-streamed songs when they perform during the opening ceremony ahead of Super Bowl 60, taking place Sunday in Santa Clara, California. The festivities air starting at 6 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Report: Meryl Streep to play Joni Mitchell in biopic

Report: Meryl Streep to play Joni Mitchell in biopic
Joni Mitchell at The 68th Annual Grammy Awards, (Photo by Phil McCarten/CBS via Getty Images)/ Meryl Streep attends the Clooney Foundation for Justice’s The Albies. (Photo by Jeff Spicer/Getty Images for The Clooney Foundation For Justice )

Although there has been no official announcement, Clive Davis appeared to confirm rumors that Meryl Streep has been cast to play Joni Mitchell in the upcoming biopic on the singer, penned by Mitchell’s good friend, writer/director Cameron Crowe.

According to Rolling Stone, the music exec spilled the beans during his annual pre-Grammy party Saturday in Los Angeles. While introducing Mitchell to the audience, he mentioned that Streep would portray in Crowe’s film.

Crowe also seemed to confirm the news to the mag. When asked to comment on the casting news, Crowe told Rolling Stone to refer to Davis’ announcement. Streep’s rep declined to comment on Davis’ statement, while Mitchell’s rep did not respond to the mag’s request for a comment.

In March 2023, it was announced that Crowe was planning to write and direct a biopic on Mitchell, a project he had been working on with her for two years. In July of 2024, rumors surfaced that Streep would be playing the singer in her later years.

Crowe offered an update on the long-in-the-works Mitchell film in October 2025, telling Variety, “We’re gonna do it next year.” When asked about the casting at the time, he said there’s “nothing I can confirm,” adding, “I’m just grateful that people are talking about it and that I get to tell the story.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.