Your SEO optimized title page contents

'People' confirms that John Mellencamp and Meg Ryan have called off their engagement

Written by on November 4, 2019

Call Now: 585-432-6029

ABC/Randy Holmes; ABC/Ida Mae AstuteLast week, a source told Us Weekly that John Mellencamp and actress Meg Ryan had broken up, about a year after the couple announced their engagement. Now, People magazine has confirmed the split.

“He didn’t want to get married again,” a source tells People of the 68-year-old Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, who’s had three previous marriages that ended in divorce.

The source continues, “He loves her, but marriage never seemed to be a part of it…It’s unclear how important a marriage was to Meg. But they spent a lot of time together and it’s too bad they split. They really got along so well together.”

Mellencamp and Ryan have had a turbulent relationship since they first began dating in 2011. They first broke up in 2014, then rekindled their romance in 2017. In November 2018, Ryan posted a message on her Instagram featuring a goofy line drawing of herself and Mellencamp, along with a caption that read, “ENGAGED!”

Ryan, 57, was previously married to actor Dennis Quaid from 1991 to 2001.  This past August, she noted in an InStyle interview that she wasn’t in a hurry to head down the aisle with Mellencamp.

“I’m going to get married at some point,” she told the magazine. “But for now, this engagement thing is a state of grace.”

Rumors that the couple may have broken up started circulating a little over a week ago, after the When Harry Met Sally star was spotted without her engagement ring at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ annual Governors Awards.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Tagged as


CLASSIC ROCK 93.9

It's not old ... it's classic

Current track
TITLE
ARTIST